A quick update.
My ‘big do’ – the launch for Blind Side paperback – is tomorrow and I haven’t yet decided what to wear, which bit to read from the book, written any bullet points or pressed anyone into taking photographs. That will all have to wait for my return from the London Book Fair, where I’ve got a one-one agent appointment (don’t yet know who it is). Also having to deal with gremlins (the paperback link on Amazon has mysteriously disappeared). But the drinks have been ordered, the invites have been sent and author hair has been coloured (red, appropriately – a somewhat startling shade which hopefully will fade in the wash). It’s starting to get exciting!
Those coming to the launch: A reminder it’s 16th March, 6.30 start, 8pm finish – so come on time if possible 🙂 Make sure you go to Daunt Books in Hampstead (51 Southend Road, NW3 2QB and 8 minutes walk from Hampstead tube/opposite Hampstead Heath rail station, NOT the branch beside Belsize Park tube). Daunt’s website has a map.
What’s happening with the book:
Highgate Bookshop, London N6 was the first to stock Blind Side – they have signed copies on sale, prominently displayed 🙂
- Apart from Daunt Books, who are hosting the launch, several other bookshops have ordered/promised to order a copy for stock.
- These include, in no particular order:
- Blackwell’s, High Holborn
- Waterstones, Camden
- Waterstones, Hampstead
- Muswell Hill Bookshop
- Big Green Bookshop, Wood Green
- Primrose Hill Books NW1
- I’m hopeful that other Waterstones branches and the bigger indie bookshops will stock the book too, soon – a chap at Unbound is now selling their titles into bookshops.
- An article I wrote about the inspiration for Blind Side, the north London settings and my journey to getting the book published is due (finally!) to appear tomorrow in the Ham & High, the illustrious paper serving Hampstead and Highgate. The editor of the review section in the Camden New Journal has promised to run a review soon. Bits About Books blog will be hosting a review of Blind Side tomorrow.
- What else? Oh yes, two book groups are going to be discussing my book at the end of the month – I’ll be answering questions. Another first authorly thing. Oh yes, and I’ve set up a Goodreads Giveaway to run from 17th March to 19 May – look out for that if you’re on GR. That’s all I can remember right now. Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow. I’ll post any good pix here.
- Sorry about the dodgy formatting of this post – I blame WordPress for their terrible editing software.