When personal information is requested
Your privacy is very important to me. Jennie Ensor’s author website follows a few fundamental principles:
- I don’t ask for any personal information unless it’s needed for a specific purpose
- I don’t share any personal information with anyone except to comply with the law
- I don’t store any personal information
My website is implemented by a third party, WordPress, and will ask for information if you want to:
- Contact me through the Contact form
- Comment on the site’s blog post or a web page
- Follow my Blog (as a WordPress follower or via email subscription)
My website may also ask for an email address should you indicate that you would like to subscribe to my author newsletter (with occasional news of future books, giveaways, special offers, special content, etc). This will be done via Mailer Lite, and provides the means to unsubscribe at any time.
In the case of Contact and Comment, a choice of which information to provide is given. The contact information provided may then be used for the purpose of contacting you. In the case of Blog following by email, your email address is used by WordPress to notify you of a new blog post; you are able to unfollow at any time.
What information is available to me through the WordPress user interface
- WP automatically provides me the email addresses of blog followers by email, or the WP gravatar of followers via WP
- It also provides as aggregated statistics, such as the countries of my website’s visitors, from ‘depersonalised information’ obtained via cookies, based on the computer’s IP address.